Monday, March 9, 2009

Selected Comments at the Inauguration of the Buddhist Temple of Wat Tumnub in the District of Bathiey, Kompong Cham's Province

30 April 08



My wife and I are so glad to come back again to the district of Batheay to put in official use the Buddhist temple of Tumnub in the district of Batheay of Kompong Cham province. I would like to thank everyone for the Buddhist parishioners, and specially HE Hor Nam Hong, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation in pooling together efforts and resources to build this temple.



I seem to believe in the destiny. Take for instance I should not have been alive at all. I was separated from my parents when I was thirteen. I then took part in 105 battles in between 1970 and 1975, and that does not include the times when I had to escape bombardments and artillery. As all of our people, I also had the Pol Pot regime to escape. The assassination attempt by B-40 propelled grenade slightly missed my car. I was the target of assassination by Samdech Norodom Sereivudh.



A few days ago there was this reaction to what I said "only Hun Sen will make Hun Sen fall" that I violate the people's rights. They do not understand what it means. If Hun Sen is to perform bad things for the people and country, Hun Sen will not enjoy the people's support anymore. Take for instance people said to me Samdech will win the next elections and my response was yes if you vote for me and for CPP.



Some people said that I launched the campaign but we have taped those people who warn people not to vote for CPP and what does that mean? I told people if they like me they have to vote for CPP but they in turn warn the people not to vote for CPP and Hun Sen. Is not this a warning or a violation of human rights?



I would like to give my greetings and welcome to the people who have turn their side to CPP and more are going to come. Yesterday the CPP registers before any other party for the elections. Some other parties have bargained their positions. As far as I know some in Funcinpec are bargaining their ranks in the list whereas the CPP has its candidate lists since late 2007 and early 2008. In Kompong Cham province for instance Samdech Heng Samrin is the candidate number 1, HE Hor Nam Hong is the candidate number 2, HE Khieu Kannharith, candidate number 3, HE Chea Sophara, candidate number 4, etc. CPP does not have the history of candidates fool play with their ranks in the list, especially bargaining the prices for the position.



I am so happy today to see that we have made great progress here take for instance in the communes of Jialia, Jba Ampeo and Taingkraing because we have the 7-March reservoir from which people could produce rice from two to three times per year with the yield of 3.7 to 4 tons per hectare. I have also instructed the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries to study the possibility of building flood catchment system so that when seasonal flood recedes, water would be caught and reserved for our people to grow rice or other crops.



Rain starts early this year and our people are busy harvesting their produces. Food crisis in the world opens an opportunity for the Cambodian farmers and producers though some people in the city claimed they had hard time with rising food prices, but between 70% and 80% of the Cambodian farmers will reap from the situation. There have been many culprits to the cause of soaring food prices, from the shrinking land for producing food for the demand for growing crops for biofuel, drought, oil prices, etc. I have ordered to bring rice to Senegal and to other countries if our stock can afford./.



EndItem

No comments:

Post a Comment